- To identify, monitor and manage market risks and asset-liabilities management risks impact on the Bank's business plans towards compliance with the defined procedures
- To review and recommend improvement in the Market Risk Measurement Framework and Market Risk Management Framework
- To develop valuation models, VaR and other risk measurement methods in order to enable effective trading activities
- To enhance analytical capabilities on fund transfer pricing, earning–at–risk, net income sensitivity analysis and liquidity analyses for strategizing asset–liability management
- To perform back testing, stress testing and model validation consistently to ensure the continuous credibility of the development models
- To provide recommendation with regards to corrective action on gap limits, liquidity ratios and appropriate risk mitigation instruments in relation to speculate economic conditions and capital market movements
- To ensure all market risk exposures are captured, identified and measured using appropriate methodology for profit and loss measurement and in compliance with regulatory requirements
- A recognized degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Actuary Science or equivalent discipline from reputable university
- A minimum of 7 years experience in the areas of market and liquidity risk management preferable in banking industry
- Sound technical knowledge of instrument pricing including derivatives
- High level of numeracy, analytical and strategical skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Attention to detail is essential
- Programming and spreadsheet skills are advantageous
- Experience with risk management systems is desirable
- To plan Operational Risk Management (ORM) activities in the Bank and manage the relationship as well as liaise with government agencies, BNM and other regulators and standard setters
- To establish a framework for the effective management and supervision of operational risk inclusive of Business Continuity Management (BCM) and act as BCM Coordinator and member of Crisis Management Team (CMT) who reports directly to Board Risk Management Committee (BRMC)
- To manage the coordination with all affected business units and the IT Dept to conduct Disaster Recovery Plan (DRP) and Business Continuity Plan (BCP) tests and submit post test analysis report to BNM within stipulated timeframe & inform BRCM
- To review gap analysis against regulatory guidelines (in particular, BNM’s Guidelines on BCM), review corrective action plan and monitor and implement the plan to ensure compliance
- To keep abreast of the environment and happenings relating to ORM and BCM that may impact the Bank and identify potential threats and assess corresponding impacts on critical business functions.
- To establish the key risk indicators (KRIs) for operational risks for key business areas.
- To educate operational risk awareness in the Bank to cultivate a proactive risk management culture
- A recognized degree in Business Administration, Economy, Finance , Accounting or relevant from reputable university.
- A minimum of 8 to 10 years experience in managerial level with exposure in operational risk management or risk based audit, preferable in banking industry.
- Possess excellent communication and presentation skill in English and Bahasa Melayu both verbal and written. Experience in organizing and conducting training will be an added advantages
- Strong analytical skill and knowledgeable of internal control concepts and comprehensive risk management and auditing theory and techniques.
- Excellent team leader, analytical, high integrity and ethics value, creative in seeking information, facts and data with good interpersonal skills with positive attitude.
- Able to work under pressure and independently with minimal supervision
- Experience with risk management systems is desirable
- Attend and assist in recording minutes of meetings such as Management Committee Meetings, Board Meetings and Board Committee Meetings.
- Assist in ensuring compliance of regulatory requirements under the Development Financial Institutions Act 2002, Bank Negara Guidelines and circulars for DFIs and other relevant legislation.
- Ensure adherence to best principles of corporate governance.
- Assist in maintaining proper and accurate records of all secretarial matters.
- Ensure that the decisions of the Board are implemented accordingly.
- Candidate must possess ICSA qualification or holder of the company secretarial license issued by CCM.
- At least 5 years of working experience in similar capacity.
- Good command of written and spoken English and Bahasa Malaysia.
- Possess excellent inter personal and communication skills to facilitate effective interaction at all levels of management.
- Pleasant personality, mature, self-motivated and able to work independently, able to multi-task as well as work well under pressure.
- Demonstrate high integrity and sound work ethics especially in maintaining confidentiality
- To carry out financial and operational audit assignments on business processes and high-risk areas, provide solutions on good governance, managing risk areas and corrective methods to prevent or minimize non compliance
- To conduct special review and investigation, whenever a situation warrants it
- To be responsible in preparing audit reports and make recommendations to improve operational efficiency and the effectiveness of internal control system.
- To provide consulting services to the Bank
- A recognize degree/diploma in Accounting, Business Administration Finance or related discipline from reputable universities
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) qualification would be an added advantage
- Minimum 2 years of related working experience in external or internal auditing or compliance
- Competent with Audit tools (ACL Ver. 7.0 and above) would be an added advantage
- Possess good oral and written communication skills in English and Bahasa Malaysia
- Willing to travel within Peninsular and East Malaysia and posses own transport
- To be responsible in conducting Information System (IS) audit and to evaluate the effectiveness of internal controls by identifying areas of non-compliance, operational weaknesses and inefficiencies in the bank’s computer based systems
- To evaluate the effectiveness of internal controls in IS at the development or implementation stage
- To provide consulting service to the bank in complement to planning and development of new or proposed computer projects
- A recognize degree/diploma in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, Computer Science / Information Technology from reputable universities
- Minimum 3 years related working experience in Information Auditing Systems or internal audit department preferably in financial institutions
- May consider candidates possessing less than 2 years experience if they have a strong information technology background
- Obtained IT audit qualification (CISA) would be an added advantage
- Good exposure in IT security, System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Business Continuity Planning (BCP)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Bahasa Malaysia.
- Competent with Audit tools (ACL Ver. 7.0 and above), MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Access